My 18 years of experience in the financial services industry has provided me with tremendous
experiences in a wide array of markets and new paradigms. This experience has taught me the
valued insight to managing risk in portfolios in order to optimize returns in uncertain times.
I was born and raised in Blaine, Minnesota and attended the University of Minnesota. I started my own business at the age
of 16 in the Arabian Horse Industry and still maintain involvement today. In my younger days
I was a semi-professional soccer player in California as a goalkeeper.
I began my career in the financial services industry in 1999 with Dean Witter and through 6 mergers or acquisitions I left
Morgan Stanley to co-found MBKS Family Office in 2016. My team and I realize the struggles
investors face today. My focus as your independent financial advisor is to customize, educate
and present strategies that put your goals first and effect those strategies in a way that
minimizes risk and maximizes returns. At MBKS Family Office our focus is to treat your family
as if you are our own.
When outside of the office, my son Nik is an accomplished soccer player and my daughter Chloe loves to dance. My wife and
I still are involved in Arabian Horses so you will find us traveling the country to various
competitions and events.
- 2016- Present: MBKS Family Office
- 1999 - 2016: Morgan Stanley
- Series 7,63,65,31 Life and Health
- Retirement Planning Specialist 2009
- Senior Vice President of Wealth Mangement 2008
- Guided Portfolio Manager 2007- Current
- Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Financial Advisor Training Program Graduate 1999
- Smith Barney Presidents Council Member, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Eastview Community Foundation
- President of Dakota REV Soccer Club
- Opportunity Partners
- Big Brothers Big Sister of Minnesota
- Summit Academy
- Minnesota Youth Soccer Association